A common problem that a lot of people have, whether they live in a house or an apartment, is mold in the bathroom. Not only is it unsightly, but it can end up becoming a health problem if it’s let go. So you want to clean the mold out of your bathroom as soon as possible, and here are the ways that you can do it.
Caulk or Tile Mold
• Clean with hot water, baking soda and soap to remove the better part of mold.
• Spray the caulk or tile with 1 part bleach/2 parts water solution.
• Let the caulk or tile to soak until your solution is dry.
• Spray your wall with solution once more and scrub the area where the mold is with scrub brush.
• Use hot water to rinse the area.
• If, after doing all this, the mold remains, repeat the above process and increase the amount of solution to equal parts water and bleach. If that doesn’t work, then chances are that you will need to replace either your caulk or tile. If you replace the grout, then a sealant needs to be used so this doesn’t happen again.
Mold on Ceiling of Shower
• Mix solution with two parts of water and one part of bleach in your bucket
• Use a damp rag or sponge to wash the ceiling, and be sure that none of the solution drips onto your clothes. You should also use goggles or something to protect your eyes from any possible drips.
• Rinse the solution off of the ceiling and repeat the process if you need to. If you are unable to remove the mold after washing the area three times, it may be necessary to replace your ceiling. If this happens, use primer that inhibits mold from growing.
Most of the time mold can be cleaned. The best way to make sure that mold is cleanable is to clean it as soon as you see it and not put it off. The longer that mold is on a surface, the harder it will be to clean off. Catching it when it first happens will save you a lot of money and more than likely keep you from needing to replace areas of the bathroom which would have needed to be replaced otherwise. Keeping on top of mold in your bathroom helps your bathroom and keeps you healthy.