One of the most common problems that people have in their bathrooms is the problem of mold and how they can get rid of it. Some forms of mold are more dangerous than others, but all of them should be identified and removed, otherwise the mold can make those who live in the house sick.
Here are four of the most common mold types that are found in the bathroom.
• Aureobasidium – This mold is generally found around windows and the bathtub and is a grey/black mold. It can cause symptoms such as asthma, hay fever, or humidifier fever, and in rare cases, keratitis and skin lesions. It is not yet known if it produces toxins.
• Penicillium – This type of mold is often found growing beneath the sink and on carpeting and it’s a greenish color. It can cause things like asthma, hay fever, woodman’s lung, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It produces toxins such penicillic acid, penicillin, peptide nephrotoxin, and many others.
• Altenaria – This is brown mode which is usually found on ceilings and walls. It can cause hay fever and asthma, and can affect a person’s nails, skin, and respiratory system. Those who have immune systems which are suppressed and have open wounds are at the greatest risk.
• Aspergillius – This green/white mold is found just about anywhere in the bathroom. It can cause things such as Farmer’s lung, hypersensitivity to oat grain and straw, Compost lung, asthma, and hay fever. It can also affect a person’s skin, ears, cornea, respiratory system, and can lead to a host of illnesses, including some very deadly ones. It can produce a lot of toxins, which makes it one of the worst molds that you can have in your bathroom. It is particularly dangerous to people whose immune systems are suppressed or compromised.
The four molds which are listed above are just the ones that are most commonly found in the bathroom. To have a positive identification of any of these bathroom molds, it’s a good idea to get a professional testing of what is in your bathroom. But it’s simply to give you an idea of how sick bathroom mold can make you and how important it is that you have it taken care of. Otherwise, you are going to find that you and the people who are living with you are going to become very sick and have a lot of health problems on their hands.